A few state tax developments, blog posts, news articles, and observations from the past week:
- Surprise, Surprise, Surprise . . . state tax auditors are looking at your company website - Avoid surprises!
- Indiana Tax Court Issues Interesting Opinion on Sourcing of “Dock Sales” - from Tax Executives Institute's Daniel De Jong
- Ohio's consumer use tax amnesty program begins Oct 1, 2011 - click here for the details
- New York is the 48th state to do this: Cuomo Signs Mobility Law for New York CPAs - from Accounting Today
- IRS to roll-out fingerprinting process for preparer registration program - From CPA Letter Daily
- Momentum grows to swap income tax for sales tax in states - from the Kansas City Star
- States Pursue Sales Tax Revenue Vanishing Into Computing Cloud - from Bloomberg
- Bloomberg to acquire BNA for $990 million - from Washington Post
- H&R Block to sell RSM McGladrey back to McGladrey & Pullen - from Boston Business Journal
Reminder - Dow Lohnes Price launched its new website design this week at www.dlptax.com. Check it out when you have a minute.